Re: [Bulk] Trying to Understand Complex Abstract Types: How To Define?

From: Eliot Kimber <ekimber@innodata-isogen.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:01:56 -0600
To: Eric Sirois <easirois@rogers.com>
CC: xml-schema-dev <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

Eric Sirois wrote:
   This is one of the I had to remove any use of the XML Schema
> inheritance model from the DITA schemas.

I agree--XSD doesn't seem to provide quite the right mechanisms needed
to do HyTime or DITA-style architectural specialization.

Thus, there is still a place for the current extra-schema,
attribute-based architectural mechanisms.

Cheers,

Eliot
--
W. Eliot Kimber