am I understanding this correctly?

From: Jeff Sonstein <jeffs@it.rit.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:31:10 -0500
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

I have a Schema I am finishing up
to express 3D as XML (an evolution of VRML97)

   http://www.xvrml.net/schemas/xVRML.xsd

in this Schema I declare a new complexType:

   <xs:complexType name="groupingAndChildrenNodes">
     <xs:sequence maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0">
       <xs:choice>
         <xs:element ref="Anchor"/>
         <xs:element ref="Background"/>
         [...]
       </xs:choice>
     </xs:sequence>
   </xs:complexType>

I understand this as meaning
"a sequence of as many choices as you want
  each choice made from the following list of possible choices"
so, for example, an element of type groupingAndChildrenNodes
could end up containing 2 Anchors and a Background and...

do I understand this correctly?

someone I was corresponding with was asserting
that this actually meant that any given choice from the list of choices
[say Anchor]
could be in a particular element of type groupingAndChildrenNodes
once and only once

thanks in advance for your help

jeffs

--