RE: Use of key/keyref - any best practices? warnings?

From: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 23:33:21 -0000
To: "'Dan Vint'" <dvint@dvint.com>, <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

I think key/keyref is quite widely implemented and you can certainly use it.

I would personally steer clear of defining keys and keyrefs that have
different scope. It's just mindblowingly complicated to work out what's
going on. I think I understood it for a couple of weeks last year when I was
implementing it, but I don't now.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/