Re: inheritance problem (newbie)

From: George Cristian Bina <george@sync.ro>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 02:32:02 +0300
To: Jan Limpens <jan.limpens@gmail.com>
CC: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hi Jan,

(This does not follow the initial article that uses xsi:type attribute)
You can just change

<xs:element name="ImageEntry" type="ImageEntryType"/>

<xs:element name="ImageEntry" type="ImageEntryType"
substitutionGroup="bb:Entry"/>

in the derived.xsd and then you should be able to have an instance
document like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Blog xmlns="http://limpens.com/blogbase"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://limpens.com/blogbase base.xsd
http://limpens.com/blog/illustrationblog derived.xsd">
   <BlogInfo>
     <BlogTitle></BlogTitle>
     <BlogDescription></BlogDescription>
     <ImageEntry xmlns="http://limpens.com/blog/illustrationblog">
       <Title xmlns="http://limpens.com/blogbase"></Title>
       <Body xmlns="http://limpens.com/blogbase">
         <Para></Para>
       </Body>
       <SlideShow>
         <Image>
           <ImageTitle></ImageTitle>
           <ImageDescription></ImageDescription>
           <ImageUrl></ImageUrl>
         </Image>
       </SlideShow>
     </ImageEntry>
   </BlogInfo>
</Blog>

Best Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina
<oXygen/> XML Editor & XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com