"Re: XML Schema Test Collection"

From: Kasimier Buchcik <kbuchcik@4commerce.de>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:01:14 +0200
To: Mik Lernout <mik@futurestreet.org>
CC: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

Hi,

on 9/16/2004 3:08 PM Mik Lernout wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I am in the progress of writing a Java XML Schema validator (an
> anouncement will follow in the near future), and had a question about a
> test in the XML Schema Test Collection.
>
> The instance /msxstest/attribute/attP009.xml should be valid. But how
> can this be when "att" is required? (According to the test master file
> there is not one validator that declares it valid)
>
> Instance:
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <x:doc xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> xmlns:x="http://xsdtesting" xsi:schemaLocation="http://xsdtesting
> attP009.xsd">
>     <x:elem/>
> </x:doc>
>
> Schema:
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
> targetNamespace="http://xsdtesting" xmlns:x="http://xsdtesting"
> elementFormDefault="qualified" attributeFormDefault="qualified">
>     <xsd:complexType name="attRef">
>         <xsd:attribute name="att" use="required"/>
>     </xsd:complexType>
>     <xsd:element name="doc">
>         <xsd:complexType>
>             <xsd:choice>
>                 <xsd:element name="elem" type="x:attRef">
>                 </xsd:element>
>             </xsd:choice>
>         </xsd:complexType>
>     </xsd:element>
> </xsd:schema>
>
> It would be great if someone could explain this....

The test is not correct.

Additional incorrect tests in the 'attribute' combine:

attKb018:
   --> Incorrect, since 'attributeFormDefault' is not set,
   thus the value of the targetNamespace is 'absent'.

attKc18:
   --> Incorrect, since 'attributeFormDefault' is not set,
   thus the value of the targetNamespace is 'absent'.

Possibly more incorrect tests in this combine do exist.
The test collection cannot be used naivly, since some tests are
incorrect (at least in the msxsdtest section). Communicate incorrect
tests to the list, so others (like me) can add them to the list of test
to be ignored. There is a new test collection mechanism on the way [1].

Regards,

Kasimier