Re: [xml-dev] New release (2.8) of XSV

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 05:30:50PM +0100, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
> The really good news is that this approach doesn't require XSV to punt
> in the face of large exponents, which it used to do (i.e. treated all
> numbers > 100 in min/maxOccurs as if they _were_ 100).  All other
> existing processors do something similar (that is, punt above some
> number), I believe.

libxml2 regexps used counters since day 1 for min/maxoccurs implementation.
The explosion didn't look a supportable alternative to me as it opens
the door to trivial DoS attacks or forces to break the schemas validation
which is also a big problem if you consider schemas as a contract between
two communicating parties.

Daniel

daniel@veillard.com  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/
http://veillard.com/ |