Re: AW: Question about xs:anyAttribute and xs:any

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 19:17:23 +0000
To: "David Kruppke" <kruppke@gefeg.com>
Cc: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

"David Kruppke" <kruppke@gefeg.com> writes:

> Many thanks for your answer.
>
> Does I understand it right, that replacing xs:any with more than one
> xs:element is not allowed for XML Schema 1.0

No, sorry.  If wildcard with max>1 is the only particle in a min=max=1
sequence, all or choice, or any other 'pointless' group, it _can_ be
restricted with more than one element.  It's also OK if you have an
explicit non-pointless sequence around the multiple elements in the
restriction.

> but it will be allowed for XML Schema 1.1?

Yes.

                     Half-time member of W3C Team
            Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk