Re: determine root element in the xml from schema

Mik Lernout <mik@futurestreet.org> writes:

<snip/>

>  If this would be the case it would seem for example
> logically to be able to mark, when validating, the root-element you
> wish to validate against like in: validator.validate(po.xsd,
> 'purchaseOrder'). Why isn't this the case?

XSV does give you precisely this functionality, and I believe some
other validators do also.  The REC provides for this, by specifying
that validation may be started with an instance _and_ an element
declaration.

                     Half-time member of W3C Team
            Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk