[ANN] Saxon 8.0 - schema-aware XSLT and XQuery

From: Michael Kay <mhk@mhk.me.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 17:17:30 +0100
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

Saxon-SA 8.0 is released today: this makes Saxon into a schema-aware XSLT
2.0 and XQuery 1.0 processor. In addition, Saxon-SA can also be used as a
freestanding XML Schema processor.

The product is available on commercial terms from http://www.saxonica.com/.
A free 30-day evaluation license is available. The open-source version of
Saxon has also been upgraded on SourceForge, but this does not offer schema
processing.

The schema processing and document validation code in Saxon is new, it's not
just a wrapper around an existing implementation. For the schema analysis
and checking side, I started with some code taken from Castor, but by the
time I finished there was very little Castor code left. The validator is
completely new code: it's a serial validator that fits into Saxon's push
pipeline as part of the process of tree construction, or on the output side,
that sits between the transformation engine and the serializer.

Michael Kay
Saxonica Limited