Re: Fw: XSV bug? RE: XSV reports a validation error I can't figure out - desperate

"June" <june@strand-bsl.com> writes:

> I posted a message on Sunday, February 15, 2004 2:03 PM
>
> When I posted it I didn't realise it would contain my personal
> signature. I now want to either delete the message or at least crop
> it so all the bits describing me, my job title etc are removed -
> please help.

Sorry, as you were informed when you subscribed and approved your
first posting [1], all email to our public lists is publicly archived,
and we do not normally edit or remove postings.

Spam is a huge hassle, and the W3C are involved with a number of
efforts to combat it, but the W3C _also_ has a fundamental commitment
to openness, which means among other things fostering public debate
and information exchange.  Our public mailing lists are part of the
the way in which we express that commitment, and our archival policy
is based on our need to balance between public accountability and
demands on scarce staff resources.

ht

[1] http://www.w3.org/Mail/

                     Half-time member of W3C Team