Re: qualified local/global Re: Namespace problem

From: Burak Emir <Burak.Emir@epfl.ch>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 18:00:34 +0200
To: George Cristian Bina <george@sync.ro>
CC: xmlschema-dev@w3.org, Volker Zink <Volker.Zink@porabo.ch>

Hi George,

George Cristian Bina wrote:

> The element/@type [1] is defined as a QName [2] and if there is no
> prefix in that context then the default namespace is used. In this
> case the default namespace points to the XML Schema namespace
> http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema thus the plem prefix in needed. The
> schema target namespace does not influence qualified names.

Thanks again. Today is definitely not my day when it comes to
namespaces. [Sorry, Volker, if I caused you confusion].

My confusion is all due to my belief that namespace prefixes would never
play a role in attribute *values*, which is obviously wrong for XSDs. I,
for one, would appreciate an XSD syntax that makes these things more
straightforward (=does not use xmlns attributes).

cheers,
Burak