From: xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org [mailto:xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of thomas smith
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 8:48 AM
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Subject: anyAttribute ##other?

hi all,

I have a question with respect to anyAttribute functionality. Consider
the
following XML excerpt

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<object xmlns="urn:foo:ob" xmlns:it="urn:foo:it"
<item param="value1" it:test="value2"/>
</object>

now, my schema needs to express/restrict that

1. the item element (in the urn:foo:ob NS) has a required attribute
param
(no NS prefix required).

2. the item element (in the urn:foo:ob NS) can have multiple optional
attributes (anyAttribute) from a NS other than urn:foo:ob. These
attributes
must have a NS prefix.

Note that using anyAttribute="##other" is not sufficient, as this still
allows to add attributes without NS prefix.

can someone help me ahead with this problem?
many thanks
thomas

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from
McAfee(r)