Re: Do XML Schema processors verify schemas using XML Schema?

Sam Tregar wrote:
> I'm curious to know if most (any?) XML Schema processors verify their
> schemas using XML Schema.  I'm working on XML::Validator::Schema and
> so far I've been validating the schema structure manually in the code.
> It seems that at some point I should switch over to processing the
> schema itself through the validator.

We tried this approach but it turned out not to be so attractive. Since the
schema only checks roughly 30% of what must be checked it's probably not worth
using that, especially so long as your implementation isn't complete :) However,
you could want to embed Schematron rules in it, there's already an
implementation on CPAN that should be reusable, and I think someone produced a
schema+schematron version of the s4s that you could compile, cache, and use.

--
Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Research Scientist, Expway      http://expway.com/