Re: how to create an xml

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 01:49:09 +0000
To: "Jack Lindsey" <tuquenukem@hotmail.com>
Cc: david.bau@bea.com, naren.chawla@oracle.com, Ismael.Cams@siemens.com, xmlschema-dev@w3.org, xmljava2003@yahoo.com

'id' attributes in schema documents must be valid IDs per XML 1.0,
which does indeed mean that numbers are not allowed.  I recommend
prefixing your ID values with a letter -- if that's not acceptable,
move them to your own namespace and call them something else,
e.g. 'my:docid' -- since annotation with non-schema-namespace
attributes is always allowed, this will not cause an error.

                      Half-time member of W3C Team