Re: Importing XMLSchema.xsd

jddahl@micron.com writes:

> I am trying to import the XMLSchema itself to allow users to
> identify their own data types.

The XML Schema namespace is exempt from the requirement that an
xs:import is required to allow reference to names in that namespace --
consider

  <xs:element name="foo" type="xs:integer"/>

All that's required for this to be allowed, with its use of xs:element
and reference to xs:integer, is a proper namespace declaration for the
'xs' prefix.

> [Error] model.xml:8:42: cvc-complex-type.2.4.c: The matching wildcard is strict, but no declaration can be found for element 'xsd:simpleType'.
>
> Is this a Xerces bug, or am I doing something wrong?

The built-in simple types from the XML Schema namespace, plus a few
other bits and pieces, are required to be present in all schema
processors.  For better or worse, it's a matter of processor option
whether they provide access to the other definitions and declarations
therein.

XSV does, Xerces apparently doesn't (although you might try including
an pair for the XML Schema namespace and sForS document in your
xsi:schemaLocation to see if that makes a difference).

                      Half-time member of W3C Team