RE: Importing XMLSchema.xsd

But surely it *should* serve a purpose:  if you have not <import>ed the components, they are not available.  I don't believe that the WXS Schema-for-schemas components are "implicitly" imported into a particular WXS schema in a way that makes them available to occur in an instance that can be validated by that WXS schema.

Simon