Re: FW: have a xml instance that references an XML schema. the XML in stance voilates a xs:key constraint. cannot get the Xerces parser to comp lain

On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 15:03, Bill Riegel wrote:

> I use XML spy to build and test the XML Schema. It complains when a
> key constraint is violated, but the Xerces Sax Parser does not.
>
> I have set the following features
>
> http://xml.org/sax/features/validation
>
> http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema
>
> http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema-full-checking
>
> When I parse the XML instance, I see no Exceptions nor does my
> ErrorHandler's warning, error or fatalError methods get called.

Which Xerces parser are you using (C or Java) and which version?

Can you send us a copy of the files to look at?

Last time I used key constraints they appeared to work properly under
Xerces J, but I couldn't tell you which version it was.

Paul
--
Paul Warren, Client Services           DecisionSoft Limited
+44-1865-203192                        http://www.decisionsoft.com