using xsv on standalone m/c w/o any internet accessible files

From: miten mehta <imiten@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 13:55:50 -0800 (PST)
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hello,

I am learning xmlschema and was trying to use xsv to
validate schema.  It seems we need have our xsd
accessible over internet and also ones at w3c to not
get lax validation.

any one knows if thats not true and how then can I
proceed.

I dont intend to be running any webserver on my m/c
either.

xsv usage seems to give a feeling that:
xsv a.xml a.xsd
shoud be it but those namespaces I guess are not used
correctly by me.

Thanks.

Miten.