New release of W3C XML Schema errata, preparatory to 2nd edition

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 26 Feb 2003 19:09:16 +0000
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org, xml-dev@lists.xml.org

Following decisions by the W3C XML Schema Working Group, a number of
new errata for the W3C XML Schema Recommendation are now available [1],
and the changes mandated by several of them to the schema document for
schemas have been applied to its public independent incarnation [2].

The Working Group intends to fold all the errata published to date
into a second edition of the W3C XML Schema recommendations in the
near future.  Note this is _not_ version 1.1, for which requirements
are still being decided on, just a new edition incorporating all the
errata we have dealt with so far.  Accordingly, any comments on the
errata, identifying potential problems with them, are particularly
welcome at this time -- please send them, including the errata
number(s) in the subject line, to www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org
(archive at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-schema-comments/).

For the W3C XML Schema Working Group,

ht