Re: more schemaLocation attrs in a xml instance

fazekas.benedek@nir.hu writes:

> for the xml instance below i wanna use more xml schemas. if i list them
> in the schemaLocation attribute of the root element [UserInterface] it
> works fine with the validator [http://www.w3.org/2001/03/webdata/xsv]
>
> however if a try to put the schemaLocation attribute for the namespace
> http://www.mo.hu/PortalForm somewhere else (tried FromList element and
> first occurance of the form: namespaceid, line 22), the validation
> fails as if the validator did not even try to load the referenced
> schema [PortalXML_FormElements.xsd].
>
> AFAIK one could put the schemaLocation attribute at the first occurance
> of the namespace which the schema belongs to: am i mistaken?
> (it worked with Syncro's oxygen, but did not with xmlspy)

Hmm.  The version as posted should work, with the xsi:schemaLocation
on the first appearance of the relevant namespace.  I can't debug, as
I don't have your PortalXML.xsd schema doc't or its URL -- please let
me know and I'll look at this.

(XSV no longer scans the whole document for xsi:schemaLocation unless
you set a command line switch requesting this, and that switch isn't
exposed in the online version, so putting xsi:schemaLocation on
FromList won't work online)

                      Half-time member of W3C Team