W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > xmlschema-dev@w3.org > August 2003

RE: referencing a schema fails

From: John Haber <jhaber@haberarts.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 10:00:03 -0400
To: "Paul Warren" <pdw@decisionsoft.com>
Cc: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Message-ID: <DJELKIDJKFDDBJAHIDIAIELGCNAA.jhaber@haberarts.com>

>>
Make this:

  xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.w3schools.com artml.xsd"
<<

Oh, darn, I do apologize.  That's actually what I had.  I edited it out just
now by mistake when I posted my reply this morning, and I meant a follow-up.
I feel that you all have helped enormously, but mostly by making me undo
experiments I keep trying to "correct" what I had learned was right, given
the failure that the right answer was giving me.

I thought it might just be that Peter's XML doesn't support schemas
properly, but I tried something else as well.  I uploaded my test schema to
a corner of my Web site, and I altered the location above accordingly.  Then
I went to the STG site at Brown University.  This one didn't stop with the
message that I had no schema or dtd associated with the root element.
Instead, it gave a long string of errors for undefined elements -- starting
with the root element.  Of course, I can't promise you that this site
supports schema rather than a dtd either.

John
Received on Tuesday, 5 August 2003 10:03:05 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 11 January 2011 00:14:39 GMT