Re: xs:redefine of a imported namespace group

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 21 Apr 2003 10:19:34 +0100
To: "Robert Koberg" <rob@koberg.com>
Cc: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

When I run XSV on your example, I get, _inter alia_, the following
error, which suggests your import/redefine architecture isn't quite
right:

<schemaDocAttempt URI="http://livestoryboard.com/lsb/Schemas/xhtml_modfd.xsd"
    namespace="http://livestoryboard.com/lsb/Schemas/2003/03/content"
    outcome="Failure: targetNamespace mismatch:
       http://livestoryboard.com/lsb/Schemas/2003/03/content expected,
       http://livestoryboard.com/lsb/Schemas/2003/03/xhtml1 found"
    source="redefine, in unnamed entity at line 8 char 3 of
            http://dev.94107.com/Schemas/content.xsd"/>

<redefine> is like <include>, it works within a single namespace:

  "[redefined] schema documents must either (a) have the same
  targetNamespace as the <redefine>ing schema document, or (b) no
  targetNamespace at all, in which case the <redefine>d schema
  document is converted to the <redefine>ing schema document's
  targetNamespace."  [1]

If you want to redefine names in your xhtml1 namespace, you need to do
so in a schema document whose target namespace is xhtml1.

ht

[1] http://www.w3.org/xmlschema-1/#modify-schema
                      Half-time member of W3C Team