Re: Validating documents with ISO/IEC 15938-1 chapter 6 schema

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 15 Apr 2003 12:49:47 +0100
To: Alejandro Lopez <alexl@salleurl.edu>
Cc: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

Alejandro Lopez <alexl@salleurl.edu> writes:

> Dear Henry,
> 	I have modified the namespace, but I still have the same error,
> 	This file is not valid:
> 	No content model available for validation (possibly empty DTD/Schema)
> 	Thank you in advance,
> 	Alejandro.

The schema is nowhere near complete -- there are no top-level element
declarations, so there is nothing to validate with.  I think you need
to learn more about XML Schema (start with the Primer [1]) and about
MPEG-7's use of schemas -- for instance it may be that there are
multiple schema documents in the ISO spec., and you have not gotten
all the necessary ones.

ht

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/
                      Half-time member of W3C Team