Anything

From: Mikael Joukakelian <mikaelj@cae.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 10:13:40 -0400
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Is there a way for a schema to say that any element, attribute, and
structure is allowed under a node? I have the following situation. My xml
instance has a node, say MyNode, that I define in my schema. And it also has
a node, say ForeignNode>, for which I do not have a schema. Another tool is
reading and writing into this node. I do not care about validating this
node, I just want to keep it for documentation purposes:

<MultipleUsers>
	<MyNode>
		<!-- I have a schema that describes what is valid here -->
	</MyNode>
	<ForeignNode>
		<!-- I do not have a schema description of this and I do not
want to control what goes here. -->
	</ForeignNode>
</MultipleUsers>

As is, my schema will not validate the xml above since it does not define
ForeignNode. Is there something I could put in my schema (other than trying
to define the ForeignNode) so that my xml instance will be valid?

Thanks in advance.