RE: XMLSchema.xsd question

From: Dare Obasanjo <dareo@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 07:58:55 -0700
To: <David.Cantrell@Gunter.AF.mil>, <xmlschema-dev@frink.w3.org>

MSXML 4 already provides mechanisms for validating schemas (i.e. load them into the schema cache). The schema for Schema (sForS) does things that are not allowed by the W3C XML Schema recommendation [restricting xs:anySimpleType is one of these things] and the W3C XML Schema working group has not issued a normative declaration as to how to treat the sForS when used to validate schema documents.