RE: I am having a problem with using XSD & XSL in the same document

From: vze3y7w8 <boris.kortiak@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 19:56:24 -0400
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

<snip />

> (Instead of "root declaration", you should say "document element start
> tag" -- the thing that you are switching in and out is the start tag
> of the document element.)

Ok.

> The problem that you are encountering is due to the fact that the
> start tag generated by XMLSpy includes a default namespace
> declaration:
>
>   xmlns="http://www.kortiak.com/namespace"
>
> Read up on namespaces at:
>
>   http://www.jclark.com/xml/xmlns.htm

Would changing:
<FamilyTree xmlns="http://www.kortiak.com/namespace"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.kortiak.com/namespace
FamilyTree.xsd">

<FamilyTree xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.kortiak.com/namespace
FamilyTree.xsd">

Also, resolve the problem?  I really do not think I need the namespace
at this point; I just want the XSD to work.  Unless, of course, best
practices would suggest that one create a namespace when possible to
avoid future confusions.  (I know, I know, try it and see, just kind of
busy tonight.  I will do it tomorrow, promise!)

<snip />

> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
>                 xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
>                 xmlns:ft="http://www.kortiak.com/namespace">
>
> <xsl:template match="/ft:FamilyTree">
> </xsl:template>
> </xsl:stylesheet>
>
> Read more in the XSL FAQ at:
>
>   http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N5536.html

Ok, I'll give that a try as well (tomorrow).

> By the way, this has nothing to do with using XML Schema. Questions
> about XSLT are best sent to XSL-List
> (http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl-list).
<snip />

Sorry about that.  I will subscribe and post all further questions about
XSLT there.

I also have some more questions that I am pretty sure are schema related
that I will post when time allows.

Thanks for all of the help