Re: view xml-schema with svg

From: Dave Carlson <dcarlson@ontogenics.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:59:32 -0600
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

To all,

I can't satisfy your requirement for "free", but I have created a powerful tool
that reverse engineers any XML Schema into a UML model, then generates SVG
diagrams of the resulting model.  All is encapsulated in a GUI tool embedded as
an Eclipse IDE plugin.  There is also an SVG tree structure diagram of the XML
Schema content hierarchy.  The tool is called "hyperModel".

I've started to build a library of UML diagams (in SVG) created with
hyperModel, inluding diagrams of UDDI (v2 and v2), SAML, XML digital signature,
and the Universal Business Language (UBL) draft schemas.  I plan to add
diagrams for WSDL and some of the emerging process flow schema proposals.

See the examples (requires you to have the Adobe SVG viewer installed) at:

http://XMLmodeling.com/models

Regards,
  Dave Carlson