datatype for empty content?

From: Francis Brouns <francis.brouns@ou.nl>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 10:38:13 +0100
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

Hello,

in our schema we have some empty elements, or empty elements with
attributes. An application based on our schema should return dates and times
for these empty elements. Is it possible to indicate that in our schema?
Both XSV and IBM SQC report errors when using base="xs:dateTime" in the
restriction, while XML Spy has no problems with this.

The XML Schema spec state that an empty element with attributes is a
restriction of anyType. This seems to indicate that derived types are not
possible.

Thanks.

Francis Brouns