Re: Can local element be abstract?

From: Aung Aung <aaung@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 16:42:29 -0800
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

Hi Rahul,

I was looking at that, and I was confused because it stated "Its
{abstract} <http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#e-abstract#e-abstract>
must be false", meaning that it can appear, but the value must be
"false".

So, it implies that <element name="localElement" abstract="false" />
should be OK?

I wish the spec will just say "{abstract} is prohibited in local element
declaration" (which I found such declaration for localElement, in the
non-normative XSD for XSD)

Well, most people won't be effected by this, but in testing these
issues, such minute details grind painfully.

:- )

Thanks,

-Aung