Re: Import/Include question

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 17 Jan 2002 10:57:11 +0000
To: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Cc: Khaled Noaman <knoaman@ca.ibm.com>, xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com> writes:

> Hi Khaled,
>
> > Schema 'A'
> > -------------
> > imports Schema 'B'
> >
> > Schema 'B'
> > -------------
> > includes Schema 'C'
> > imports Schema 'A'
> >
> > Here is my question.
> > Is it valid/allowed for Schema 'C' to refer to declearations defined
> > in Schema 'A'?
>
> Yes. When Schema A or Schema B get used, the schema validator
> constructs, in memory, one big schema that includes everything from
> Schema A, Schema B and Schema C. All the components can reference each
> other across physical file boundaries.

Actually, not necessarily 'Yes'.  Unless I'm confused, the target
namespace of schema document C must be different from that of schema
document A.  So to allow references in schema document C to components
defined in schema document A, schema document C must import schema
document A's target namespace.