RE: Help wanted with XML Schema for Dublin Core in RDF/XML

From: David E. Cleary <davec@progress.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 11:01:17 -0500
To: "Dave Beckett" <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>, <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
>   Remove the <import>s of http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace and
>   http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema as they aren't required - "over
>   the top" and may cause performance problems with tools.
>     -- I thought these were required for validation

The import of http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema should certainly be
removed. What this is doing is importing the CR version of XML Schema into
the Rec version. As for the xml namespace, I'm not sure what is best to do.
One would think that tools would have this schema built in, but I can't say
what reality is.

Dave