developing of an converter!

From: <mogot@web.de>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 22:52:37 +0100
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Hello people,

I have dates in an Excel-table. I would like to develop a converter which reads the dates from the table and does to which a XML-document .  A schema is already defined, that is determined the structure of such XML documents.

Does anybody have an idea how I can begin? How I am supposed to proceed? Which programming language I can apply?

Thank you!

Santos