RE: Hex Expression

From: Michael Rossi <mrossi@csc.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 16:06:07 -0400
To: Bill de hÓra <dehora@eircom.net>
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Aha! Obviously, I'm not much on them either. :-) That worked. Thanks Bill.

Still, anyone have any thoughts on the hexBinary bit? TIA.

Michael A. Rossi
Computer Sciences Corporation
mailto:mrossi@csc.com
856-983-4400 x4964

                    Bill de hÓra
                    <dehora@eircom
                    .net>

                    08/08/2002
                    03:44 PM

> [mailto:xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Michael Rossi
>
> I'm trying to model a type for a 16-digit Hex number. Simple,
> right? So I use a restriction of string with the pattern
> "([0-9][a-f][A-F]){16}". Yet when I try to validate an
> instance containing the number: 0000000478A3200F, XML Spy
> (v4.4) complains that the value doesn't match the pattern.
> Anyone know what I'm missing?

I'm not much on Scheme regexes, but I'm guessing you want something like
this:

           "([0-9a-fA-F]){16}"

ie, the ([][][]){} construct implies an ordering.

regards,
Bill de hÓra