Re: Is it legitimate to compare 2 dateTime without timezones?

Martin Duerst wrote:

> At 17:00 01/10/29 +0100, Eric van der Vlist wrote:
>

>>The first two issues being this implicit timezone and the fact that
>>symbolic timezones (BST, EST, PST, ...) are not directly supported.
>>

> Yes, for obvious reasons:
>
> - They are a moving target
> - Many of them are ambiguous (two different zones have the same code)

I understand these issues. OTH, this is IMO the real user requirement
and allowing to use datetimes without specifying a timezone is a
workaround which may have still more side effects!

Thanks

Eric

--
Rendez-vous à Paris pour le Forum XML.