Re: More surprises (ID, ENTITY, NOTATION, ...)

ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk writes:
 > Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com> writes:
 >
 > > Many types (see below ID, ENTITY and NOTATION but there are more in the rec)
 > > are defined with whitespace="collapse" which would have made me think that
 > > leading and trailing whitespaces should be accepted and trimmed but their
 > > description clearly says that their lexical space should meet a production
 > > (NCName) which does not accept these whitespaces.
 >
 > All lexical constraints, including the 'pattern' facet of NCName,
 > apply to the (schema) *normalized value* of elements/attributes, which
 > is the _result_ of whitespace processing.  So it all works out just
 > fine.
 >
 > See [1] for details.

Section 4.3.4 of part 2 says:

    [Definition:] pattern is a constraint on the value space of a
    datatype which is achieved by constraining the lexical space to
    literals which match a specific pattern. The value of pattern must
    be a regular expression.

So, I dispute your claim.

- Ross

---
Disney, of course, has the best casting.  If he doesn't like an actor,
he just tears him up.			-- Alfred Hitchcock