Re: Union of attribute uses

> Henry Thompson wrote...
>
> Rahul Srivastava <Rahul.Srivastava@Sun.COM> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > You are right. But, once all group references are resolved to
> > attribute uses, you have a collection of attribute uses. Now, this
> > collection of attribute uses may have two or more attribute uses,
> > having same name from same targetNamespace OR two or more attribute
> > uses having type as ID or derived from ID.
> >
> > My doubt is, how to perform a union of these attribute uses now?.
>
> I'm sorry, I don't understand.  Such a collection (i.e. one with
> duplicates or multiple ID types) is an error -- you can't do
> _anything_ with it.

Let me give an example...

<xsd:attribute name="Attr" type="xsd:string"/>

<xsd:attributeGroup name="GroupB">
    <xsd:attribute ref="Attr" use="required"/>
</xsd:attributeGroup>

<xsd:attributeGroup name="GroupA">
    <xsd:attribute ref="Attr" use="optional"/>
    <xsd:attributeGroup ref="GroupB"/>
</xsd:attributeGroup>

Here, the attributeGroup - GroupA, has two attributes, both having the same
name, from same targetNamespace, but different use.

So, how do we compute union of attribute uses in this case, OR, is it straight
way an error.

Cheers,
Rahul.