schema not working

From: Ian Rogers <ian.rogers@net800.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 17:02:48 +0100
To: "Xml Schema" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
hi
i am trying to run my xml document which i am validating against a schema at
run time. the trouble is when i validate it against my xml at runtime it
only display the xml code to the browser not the results of the xslt/xml
translation. I presume this must be that it can't find the schema to
validate against and so it just displays the xml text

When i run my xml this is  what gets displayed;

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
- <transactions xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/10/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
- <details>
  <date>12/03/2001</date>
  <merchant>sun</merchant>
  <website>www.sun.com</website>
  <amount>900</amount>

if anyone can can give me any advice or any example xml documents that
validate against a schema then i would be extremely grateful

cheers

Ian