Re: Schema being imported multiple times

From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 17:51:31 +0200
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
David E. Cleary wrote:

>>Yes. Instead of "considered as a bad practice" I should have written
>>"discouraged by the recommendation"!
>>

> The discouragement by the recommendation is targeted at Schema processors,
> not applications or schema authors.

Then, one again I have misread the recommendation!

Maybe because I am not a schema processor :) ?

To my defense, I'd say that "application" is a very fuzzy word in XML
land since it's decribing both programs and vocabularies/schemas and
when I have read "applications are allowed, indeed encouraged, to avoid
<import>ing the same schema document more than once" I have just taken
the wrong meaning...

Thanks for the clarification.

Eric

--
Rendez-vous  Paris pour une visite guidee de la nebuleuse XML.
                                           http://dyomedea.com/formation/