Re: MSXML4 schema validation error line number

From: Gary Robertson <gazinyork@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 09:29:10 -0400 (EDT)
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
I've been through this whole thing too. It is documented that you
cannot get line / character info when using validate so we'll have to
just wait I suppose (sigh).

Although it's probably not of direct interest to you, the load() bug
only seems to happen in the presence of identity constraints and
not always then. I try to parse using load() and if I don't get a readyState
of 4 any error then has valid line/char info. If I do get a '4' I then drop back
to using validate and putting up with the errors not having the line/char
info. I'm not looking forward to explaining this to my users. Hopefully
Microsoft will fix load() in the next version.

cheers
Gaz