Re: xsi:type and xs:all : second test case, same players, different errors.

Eddie Robertsson wrote:

>>Xerces:
>>Curiously (since "element2" hasn't been declared as global), xerces
>>considers this document valid.
>>

> I don't really understand why it (in this case) would be different if element2 was
> declared as global?

That's the point ;=) ...

In my previous message, I mentioned a bug in xerces that reports an
error when an element is not declared even if its type if specified in
the instance document.

I was thus expecting to hit this bug in this case as well and the fact
that "element2" exists somewhere in the schema even if not defined as
global does seem to make a difference.

Eric

--
See you in Scottsdale, Arizona.