Re: ISO8601 and XML Schema dateTime

From: Jeff Rafter <jeffrafter@definedweb.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 13:13:32 -0700
To: "Ashok Malhotra" <ashokma@microsoft.com>
Cc: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Ashok,

Thanks for the exceedingly quick answers!
---
>1) The goes on to specify (in the lexical representation) that an
>optional +/- is allowed to precede the ISO representation of the
date/time--
>which is not in ISO 8601 that I can find-- what is the reasoning?

[AM] A negative sign can be used to represent dates before the year
0001. Remember, there is no year 0000

Is this documented somewhere (other than the XML Schema spec)?  I think I
may need some additional paper to convince colleagues...

Thanks again,
Jeff Rafter
Defined Systems
http://www.defined.net
XML Development and Developer Web Hosting