XML Schema form DTD

From: Stefano Galdo <Stefano.Galdo@valtech.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 06:05:38 -0400 (EDT)
To: "'xmlschema-dev@w3.org'" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
hi,
  can anyone know how to translate an ENTITY form DTD to XML Schema? I mean
a have a DTD something like:
<!DOCTYPE catalog [
	<!ELEMENT catalog (course)*>
   	<!ELEMENT course (name, duration,prerequisities,description)>
   	<!ATTLIST course code CDATA #REQUIRED>
   	<!ELEMENT name (#PCDATA)>
   	<!ELEMENT duration (#PCDATA)>
   	<!ELEMENT prerequisities (#PCDATA)>
   	<!ELEMENT description (#PCDATA)>
   	<!ENTITY tixml SYSTEM "tixml.xml">
	<!ENTITY exml SYSTEM "exml.xml">
	<!ENTITY xmlj SYSTEM "xmlj.xml">
]>

I have translated it using xmlSpy into a XML Schema but it seam to ignore
the <!ENTITY..> tag so I am not be able to refer to those external files
(tixml.xml, exml.xml, xmlj.xml) using the &.... syntax.
Thank you in advance

Stefano

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail contains Proprietary information some or all of
which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only.  If
an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please
notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended
recipient you must not disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this
e-mail. All information contained within this e-mail is subject to the Terms
& Conditions of Valtech Ltd. which are available upon request.