Re: validating xml schemas with the standard schema

From: Paul Jakubik <pauljakubik@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 08:12:51 -0700 (PDT)
To: Eddie Robertsson <eddie@allette.com.au>
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

--- Eddie Robertsson <eddie@allette.com.au> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Paul Jakubik wrote:
>
> > I am still having problems getting things to work.
> > am using Xerces 1.4.0. I use a header that looks
> > something like this:
> >
> > <xsd:schema
> >   xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"

xsi:schemaLocation="file:///e:/paul/maple/schema-evolve/validate-files/XMLSchema.xsd">

> one thing that could cause your problem
> is that you use xsi:schemaLocation in your schema.
> xsi:schemaLocation is used in the
> _instance_ document to give the schema processor a
> hint on where to find the schema to be
> used for validation.

You are right. But in this case I am wanting to
validate the schema against the schema-for-schemas. So
my schema needs to be able to specify a location for
the schema-for-schemas.

Is this the right way to specify it? If so, then I can
look into other issues.

--Paul