Re: What is ur-definition ?

Noah_Mendelsohn@lotus.com wrote:
<snip>

> >From [1] in the specification:
>
> "[Definition:]  A distinguished ur-type definition is present in each XML
> Schema, serving as the root of the type definition hierarchy for that
> schema. The ur-type definition, whose name is anyType, has the unique
> characteristic that it can function as a complex or a simple type
> definition, according to context. Specifically, restrictions of the
> ur-type definition can themselves be either simple or complex type
> definitions."

??? Is this right?  I thought anyType can function as a complex type _only_,
not a simpleType.   The rest of the specs seems to imply that the definition
might be "The ur-type definition, whose complexType name is anyType and whose
simpleType name is anySimpleType, has the unique characteristic .... ".  Or am
I not fully understanding the functionality of anyType and anySimpleType.
cheers,
mick.