Re: XSV Crash on XHTML Schema

From: Rick Jelliffe <ricko@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 15:33:20 +0800 (CST)
To: Eddie Robertsson <eddie@allette.com.au>
cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Eddie Robertsson wrote:

> Rick Jelliffe wrote:
>
> > The current CR does not allow direct fixing of attribute values of
> > attributes from foreign namespaces. At the moment, the easiest workaround
> > seems to be to simply redefine them with fixed values.  There may be some
> > more information on this in the next few days.
>
> How does this work?

Sorry, checked again and it probably doesn't.  That means the only current
workaround I know about would seem to be to define a schema for the
foreign namespace yourself, with one complex type per every attribute
group of restrictions. These complex types restrict the values from the
real declarations for the attributes.  So you cannot attach a fixed
attribute in a foreign namespace to an existing comlpex type, you have to
make up a new complex type.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe