Re: XSV Crash on XHTML Schema

From: Eddie Robertsson <eddie@allette.com.au>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 09:48:42 +1100
To: Rick Jelliffe <ricko@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
CC: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Rick Jelliffe wrote:

> The current CR does not allow direct fixing of attribute values of
> attributes from foreign namespaces. At the moment, the easiest workaround
> seems to be to simply redefine them with fixed values.  There may be some
> more information on this in the next few days.

How does this work?
I was under the impression that the only thing you could redefine in XSD was
datatypes and then you need to use the <redefine> element which means that
the targetNamespaces need to be the same (or declared without namespace). But
in this case you're saying that

<attribute name="xml:space">
   <simpleType>
      <restriction base="xml:spaceX">
         <enumeration value="preserve"/>
      </restriction>
   </simpleType>
</attribute>

will actually redefine the xml:space attribute to only allow the value
"preserve". Is this correct?

Cheers,
/Eddie