Re: [Moderator Action] Validator for XML Schema 20000922 version

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 06 Feb 2001 16:32:09 +0000
To: John.Chiles@syntegra.bt.co.uk
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
John.Chiles@syntegra.bt.co.uk writes:

> Henry,
>
> Thanks for your prompt response.
>
> The text on the returned screen is as in attached 'Result.doc'.  This
> suggests the validator has crashed.  Viewing the source of the browser page
> I see it has not crashed as in attached
> 'Result source.txt' file.  I then created an error and again the returned
> screen suggested a crash but view source detailed the error (see 'Result2
> source.txt').

So there are two problems here:

1) when the document you submit is not well-formed XML, the validator
messages about what's wrong don't show up -- I'll try to fix this.

Workaround:  use the 4th output option, view XML output as text/plain

2) one of your documents has a root element called schema in the
namespace http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema-instance -- this
suggests you misunderstood my earlier message.

XML Schema namespace:
  http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema

XML Schema instance namespace (for xsi:, usually):
  http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema-instance