Re: [Ann.] XML Schema FAQ

Edmund Mitchell wrote:

> >It's a good FAQ. What in particular do you like about it?
>
> It's indexed according to common problem areas, as opposed to say, by
> thread.  I find this superior, because when I have a problem, I can see the
> link to an area that deals with that kind of problem.
> You've probably never needed to look at it, being a guru,  but there are
> sections on i.e.   or grouping, because these issues seem to snag each
> new generation of XSLT learners.  This has helped me quite a bit.  Having
> said that, I'm too much of a Schema newbie to say for sure that such an
> indexing system will lend itself to Schema FAQS-perhaps you experts can
> better make that call, or let time make it apparent to us all.

I know some XSLT (though you're right - I hadn't realised just how much
work Dave's put in), but I'm no expert - let alone guru - on schemas.
Learning, though...

I too would like to use an issue structure rather than a thread
structure. I'm hoping that there will be helpful posts summarising
potential FAQs, but I'll do the summary myself where necessary and put
it up for comment.

> >Do you have strong feeling about the superiority of multi-doc vs.
> >single-doc FAQs?
>
> I have strong feelings about those people who do the work for FAQS - strong
> feelings of gratitude.  If it pops your tarts to have a single-doc format,
> and it'll make being the keeper of the FAQ an easier chore for you, than I'm
> all for it.

I'll keep it single doc for the moment, and thanks for the sentiments.
Which remind me - I must put in an appreciative link to my tolerant
employers...

Francis.