How to refer to another Schema from a Schema?

From: Shweta Sinha <shwet_sam@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 02:52:34 -0500 (EST)
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Hello,

I would like to know how to create a generic schema
doc which will be referred to by all my other schema
documents in the namespace?

Say I have atag called Error:
<ERROR>
<TYPE></TYPE>
<DESC></DESC>
</ERROR>

this node / tag has to be included in all my schemas.
Instead of adding to each schema I want have a
separate doc containing just this tag & referred to by
all the other schema docs.

Cheers,
Shweta