Re: validation problem, conflicting element scope ?

From: Guillaume Rousse <rousse@ccr.jussieu.fr>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 12:02:53 +0100
To: Eddie Robertsson <eddie@allette.com.au>
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Ainsi parlait Eddie Robertsson :
> Hi,
>
> > Here are the global elements definition:
> > <element name="locations" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1">
> >   <complexType>
> >     <sequence>
> >       <element ref="model:location" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
> >     </sequence>
> >     <attribute name="id" type="model:KeyType"/>
> >   </complexType>
> > </element>
>
> I don't think this is the cause of your problem but you're not allowed to
> have minOccurs and maxOccurs attributes on global element definitions so
> try and remove these from the above element declaration.
I guess you're refering to the <locations> element definition ? Actually,
this is not a global one, but one local to the root element. Sorry for the
confusion.

> Other than that you schema and instance look good to me. What version of
> Xercex are you using?
Last one:
[guillaume@silbermann guillaume]$ rpm -q xerces-j1
xerces-j1-1.4.4-3jpp
I validated the schema with xsv without any problem.
--
Guillaume Rousse <rousse@ccr.jussieu.fr>
GPG key http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/gpgkey.html